The Supervisor Bootcamp is built with the objective of guiding Supervisors through their Occupational Health and Safety program to ensure a successful implementation of their Safety Management System. Supervisors play a critical role in workplace health and safety, employee performance, and productivity. This 8 hour course helps supervisors understand what their role and legal duties are, and what it means to be duly diligent. This course goes beyond awareness of the legal roles and responsibilities of supervisors, and engages participants in identifying real life challenges and solutions.
This course is built specific to the needs of your organization.
Knowing a supervisors safety responsibilities for employees is quite scary. This course put my mind at ease as I now know what is expected.
Great content, excellent instructors. Will continue to always use ORCA Health and Safety for our safety courses.
MAX CLASS SIZE:
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION:
DETAILED COURSE OUTLINE
- Importance of having an Occupational Health and Safety Program.
- Regulatory overview of applicable jurisdictions.
- Roles and responsibilities of employer, supervisor, employee, prime contractor, owners, safety committee members.
- Right to refuse unsafe work process.
- Safety vs. Claims- Due diligence and its use and defense in achieving compliance goals and expectations.
- Walk through your Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Where to find it;
- Review of sections, forms and contacts within the program.
- Effective techniques for a successful safety and health system.
- Discuss process and legislation for right to refuse unsafe work;
- Identify key supervisor roles and responsibilities:
- Regulatory knowledge;
- Inform workers of hazards;
- Instruct in safe work procedures;
- Monitor worker safe performance;
- Develop skills in risk assessment, safety inspections & accident investigations;
- Consult with the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee;
- Log books and documentation required;
- Brown Box of Safety concept.
- Understand Due Diligence;
- Apply information in a case study.