HEAVY METALS SAFE WORK PROCEDURES (SWP’S)
Metal fabrication activities can lead to significant exposure to heavy metals. This course is suited for anyone working in an industrial environment around metals such as welders, fabricators, machinists, millwrights, sawfilers, grinders etc. Students will understand the potential hazards, sources of exposure and controls to minimize harmful exposure to heavy metals.
All participants must have taken the Heavy Metals Awareness course (4 hours) prior to taking the Heavy Metals SWP course.
MAX CLASS SIZE:
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION:
DETAILED COURSE OUTLINE
- Safe Work Procedure Review and Discussion
- Tailored to your scope of work
- Decontamination Requirements
- Demonstrations & Mockup
- Respirators and Suiting Up
- Wet Wiping
- HEPA Vacuums
- Constructing Enclosures – Dependent on requirements of your site
NOTE: All courses are tailored to include your company specific information