COUNTERBALANCE FORKLIFT – RECERTIFICATION
This course is designed for forklift drivers who are already certified on counterbalanced forklifts and require recertification or refresher training. ORCA has IVES Certified forklift instructors who will guide drivers through the theory and practical application of driving a counterbalanced forklift. Participants will only be trained on their employer’s forklift.
MAX CLASS SIZE:
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION:
DETAILED COURSE OUTLINE
Phase 1 – Theory Training
- Applicable regulations
- Variations of equipment types
- Main parts of the forklift
- Understanding equipment safety
- Fuels and batteries
Phase 2 – Theory Evaluation
- Written Exam based on the in-class theory training and Operator Reference Manual.
- 10 multiple choice/ essay-type questions.
- A minimum score of 70% is required to pass.
Phase 3 – Practical Training
- Trainees are shown the pre-use inspection, safe operating procedures, and parking/shut-down procedures and then given the opportunity to practice while being coached by the instructor.
Phase 4 – Practical Evaluation
- Once trainees have reached a minimum skill level, they are individually evaluated using the equipment in a reasonably challenging course.
- Following the evaluation, trainees are debriefed and given the opportunity to address any concerns or questions they may have regarding their training.
- Each successful trainee’s employer will receive official records and documents shortly after the end of the program.